External Links



Direct Gov. A public services web site which has an excellent section for learner drivers and motorcyclists. From here you can access information and links for the Theory and Practical tests, learn about the latest rules of the road and even find out about tax and insurance for your new vehicle. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/index.htm

Department For Transport (DFT) The Department for Transport has responsibility throughout Great Britain (but not Northern Ireland ) for policy on airports, railways, major ports, road traffic law and the Highway Code, licensing of lorry and bus operators and the registration of bus services; and in England for national roads, road safety, urban transport and traffic. www.dft.gov.uk

The Driving Standards Agency (DSA) The Driving Standards Agency is an executive agency of the Department of Transport. Its primary aim is to promote road safety through the advancement of driving standardshttp://www.dsa.gov.uk/

Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) This is the agency that deals with vehicle licences (tax discs) and driving licences. The current licence prices are available on the site. www.dvla.gov.uk

The Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM) The IAM is a wholly independent, non profit-making organisation with the aims of improving driving standards, promoting road safety and providing an Advanced Driving Test http://www.iam.org.uk/

Government campaigns to improve road safety http://www.dft.gov.uk/think/

GoCompare has put together a report looking at the cost of getting a young driver on the road. It includes what young drivers know about car insurance, the cheapest cars to insure - and ones to avoid - as well as some top tips to help young drivers cut the cost of their car insurance.


Mobile Website